Who is getting an iPhone?

Reaction score
I think I will be getting an iPhone in June. They look really neat! I am opening this thread up for discussion of the iPhone. What do you think? I like it. Mobile OS X and a full browser + a wide screen iPod. My only complaint is that the biggest size is an 8 GB model. I would like to see something larger, but I'm sure they'll release more larger sizes down the road.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Not sure when they will be available in the UK, but I would like one, affording one is another matter! :eek: ;)

Reaction score
When I was in London a week ago, I read in the London Paper that the iPhone would be available in October.

Reaction score
oh look an ipod in a phone form factor
pass
i hate cellphones and i hate overendowed pseudo computer pda wanna be newton look alike phones even more
a cellphone si a phoen you need to cal with it nothing more
my samsung x200 is doing fine it wil not be replaced

Reaction score
When I was in London a week ago, I read in the London Paper that the iPhone would be available in October.

That is good news - I can hint for my next christmas present :) The iphone and its features look really cool.

Full video for a much closer look at the iphone and how it works below. The screen turning automatically is cool! :)

Reaction score
I fear in the UK it will go the same way that the Nokia 8800 did - limited availability, and over-inflated prices. Cool looking phone though!

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the UK's 3G, Edge, GMS/GPRS not fully operational yet when the 8800 came out? Please someone correct me if I am wrong. I just looked at a GMS world map and saw that the UK has great Edge, GMS/GRPS, 3G coverage now, so maybe the phone will be more widely available. Also, at least in the States, iPhone will be sold in Cingular Stores (USA's only GSM mobile phone provider - we still live in the dark times here on the old CDMA networks) and Apple Stores. Maybe that will help out with that too if iPhone is carried by your local mobile phone shops.

I think Apple went with Cingular in the States because it allowed them to create a international phone and give US citizens international coverage. CDMA doesn't work overseas. I had my alltel phone with me in London. It did not work because Alltel and all of the other US mobile providers run on the CDMA protocol excluding Cingular, at least for large providers. So, IMHO, Apple made a good move going with Cingular.

GSM World Maps/Network Information

Ask a Question