Using the speaker jack in my iMac's external docking station.

Reaction score
When I got my M1 iMac, I knew that 2 Thunderbolt and 2 USB-C ports weren't enough, so I got an external docking station. I wish I had got a powered Thunderbolt station, which may or may not have solved a problem I have with memory cards plugged into it disconnecting.

But I noticed that it has a headphones/speaker jack. I really don't need it, as I use the one on my iMac, but being curious, I tried plugging my speakers into that jack. My iMac didn't appear to see it. I looked at the sound settings to see if there was a setting to use, but didn't see it.

How do I access that jack?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I would guess it has to do with it not being powered and designed for Dell computers as we discussed previously.

C

Reaction score
I wonder if it not being powered contributes to the fact that about once per day, I get the following message:
DISK NOT EJECTED PROPERLY Eject “Ritz 128” before disconnecting or turning it off

It’s visible in finder, but the disk that's plugged into the docking station isn't reliably connected.

Ask a Question