SOLVED Using Microsoft Edge on Mac in OS Catalina

Reaction score
I have noticed lately that when I attempting to start a video on YouTube when using Microsoft Edge that it says that I'm not connected. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. If they have how did they solve the issue? Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I personally don't use Microsoft Edge (or any Microsoft software), as I prefer Safari and Google Chrome depending on what I am doing.

Have you tried another browser? Does the same issue occur?

C

Reaction score
Since I had been a long time Microsoft user I went with Edge to use in conjunction with Safari. I also tested out MacOS High Sierra that I had on a separate HDD. I ran Edge on that drive and OS copy with no problems. I also used Windows 10 that I have on a separate partition with no problem. I believe that You tube has a problem with a recent update of Edge in MacOs Catalina. In Safari I had a problem with You Tube starting a video again with Safari running in Catalina. I did finally bite the bullet so to speak and set up Chrome with no issues. Thanks for your reply.

P

Ask a Question