Use iPad to present projected slideshow

Reaction score
in the past I have often given slideshows using my windows laptop
I am not sure now I have just an iPad how I should prepare for the next one which comes up shortly
Any help much appreciated
Chrisjk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model iPad?
-Which version of iOS?
-Do you have any video output adapters for the iPad?
-What kind of connection does the projector have - i.e. VGA, HDMI, etc.?
-What software was used to create the slideshow, and do you have the same app on the iPad?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model iPad? IPAD AIR 2
-Which version of iOS? 10.3.3
-Do you have any video output adapters for the iPad? YES, I HAVE A LIGHTNING TO HDMI ADAPTER
-What kind of connection does the projector have - i.e. VGA, HDMI, etc.? BOTH VGA AND HDMI
-What software was used to create the slideshow, and do you have the same app on the iPad? SLIDE SHOW NOT YET CREATED. WILL BE MADE FROM PHOTS TAKEN ON MY CANON EOS 500D. I ACCEPT I MAY NEED TO BUY SOFTWARE FOR THE IPAD TO CREATE THE SHOW - PLEASE ADVISE
Chris

C
Hi Cory, thanks for coming back - ANSWERS IN CAPS BY YOUR Q's above

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You should be all set with the iPad. You just need to create the slideshow and get it on the iPad.

The Photos app on the iPad actually has a Slideshow mode. You could also import photos into iMovie on the iPad, and create a "video" slideshow with it.

How were you planning to create the slideshow - on the iPad, on your PC?

C

Reaction score
You should be all set with the iPad. You just need to create the slideshow and get it on the iPad.

The Photos app on the iPad actually has a Slideshow mode. You could also import photos into iMovie on the iPad, and create a "video" slideshow with it.

How were you planning to create the slideshow - on the iPad, on your PC?

C
Thanks again Cory
It will be easier to create the show on my Mac, do you agree?
Should I use Photos to create it?
I have plenty of space on the iPad to import it.
When I did it with my laptop, I used a remote mouse to change slides, I guess there isn't such an option with the iPad?
Chris

Reaction score
Hi Cory
making progress with the slideshow thanks, however some queries please. just to recap and am going to show the slides from my iPad thru a projector.
using Photos on my mac mini i have selected the slides in a new project but there are 2 things i immediately find are a constraint
1 any text i put in, using the + sign bottom right, automatically goes centrally at the bottom of the slide. I'd like to be able to place the text where i like - how do i do that?
2 i want to run the show manually, not have auto changing at particular time intervals, but don't seem to be able to select that - can i do that or not?

thanks
chrisjk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

Didn't realize you had a Mac mini. It will definitely be easier to create the slideshow on the Mac versus the iPad.

Which version of OS X/Photos?

Photos for Mac: Create and work with slideshows

Text positioning has to do with the theme you choose. You can change slide duration by clicking the stopwatch icon.

C

Reaction score
thanks for quick response Cory
Version 2.0(3161.4.140)
re change duration, i want to move the slides on 1 at a time manually and not rely on a preset time - is that possible?
chrisjk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I don't think you can set it for manual advance in a Photos slideshow with music. You can pause a slideshow and use the arrow keys to advance, but the music then stops. You may have to use Keynote for that, and use individual slides for each photo.

C

Ask a Question