iPad Mini

Reaction score
I've just bought a new iPad mini 4 mainly for when I go on holiday as I thought that it will save me carrying my heavy iPad and also Kindle in my hand luggage. I'm having problems setting it up and collating it with my iMac and iPad and it'll take me a while but hopefully I'll get there in the end. One thing I was wondering about and can't find an answer online is: Can I use it without having to put in my passcode every time I switch it on? I tried the finger id and it seemed to work but now won't so it means typing in the number every time. I'd like to use the number when I'm on holiday but not when I'm at home, how can I do this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is it an actual iPad mini 4, or a newer model?
-Which version of iOS?

You can disable the Touch ID & Passcode in Settings > Touch ID & Passcode when you are at home, and enable them when you are on holiday.

Apple’s new Touch ID rule requires you to enter passcode more often than before:
"the passcode is now required after it has not been used to unlock the device in the last six days and Touch ID has not unlocked the device in the last eight hours."

Hope that helps a bit,

C

Ask a Question