Problem with iMessage on iPad mini 3

Reaction score
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with iMessage on a iPad mini 3. I can’t seem to get it to work, as I can’t log in using my Apple ID and my Password. This ID/Password works in other areas where it is required but not on iMessage.

I have spoken with Apple Support over this issue, but it still remains unresolved. I have changed my password – no use. I have reset password – no use. I have even done a factory reset – no use.

Any help with this resolving this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rina

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That is strange. You mentioned that you had spoken to Apple Support regarding this issue - was that on the telephone? Maybe it would be best to visit an Apple Store if you are close to one. This sounds more like an account issue than a hardware issue.

-Do you have access to an iPhone or another iPad to test your account with?
-Does it work on a Mac in the Messages app?

C

Reaction score
That is strange. You mentioned that you had spoken to Apple Support regarding this issue - was that on the telephone? Maybe it would be best to visit an Apple Store if you are close to one. This sounds more like an account issue than a hardware issue.

-Do you have access to an iPhone or another iPad to test your account with?
-Does it work on a Mac in the Messages app?

C

Hello

I have spoken to Apple Support on two occasions and also took my iPad mini to an Apple shop. However, the man siad he had never encountered thsi problem on an iPad mini although he had encountered problems with iPhones.
However, the man was unable to accurately look at my iPad mini as the shop didn't have any Wi Fi yesterday!
We did attempt to use the Internet connection in the shopping centre but that was only intermittent!
My password is not recognised even though Apple Support have confirmed that it's the correct one (a new one too!).

Thanks for trying to help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If you have a backup of your iPad mini, and since you have done a factory reset, I would suggest trying another reset and then trying another Apple ID - maybe a friend's or family member's. If that works, then it is definitely an issue with your Apple ID account.

Also, this sounds silly, but make sure your home address and email on your Contacts card on the iPad matches the one when logged in here: Apple - My Apple ID: Manage you Apple ID.

C

Reaction score
If you have a backup of your iPad mini, and since you have done a factory reset, I would suggest trying another reset and then trying another Apple ID - maybe a friend's or family member's. If that works, then it is definitely an issue with your Apple ID account.

Also, this sounds silly, but make sure your home address and email on your Contacts card on the iPad matches the one when logged in here: Apple - My Apple ID: Manage you Apple ID.

C

Hello

My home address, email, etc. on my Contacts card do match.

I may well try another reset, using a family member's ID.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks for your suggestions/advice.

I appreciate your help.

Reaction score
Hello Cory

A family member reset my iPad mini to Factory Settings and then tried using his Apple ID but to no avail.

We reset the iPad mini again and reset it as a new iPad. However, we have got nowhere with iMessage. When resetting the iPad, a message came up saying to turn off, find my iPad.’

To do this, I had to enter my Apple ID and password and they both worked.

All the contact details are correct.

When I put in my Password, it just goes round and round.

There is no ‘slide’ to turn iMessage on/off even though we reset the iPad mini and tried to use it as a new iPad.

I’m completely flummoxed!

The Apple ID (and also the ID for iCloud) works on my Mac computer, etc.

I don’t know what else we can try except to contact Apple Support although we have done everything, which they have said.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That IS very strange...sorry you are having so much trouble.

-Which version of OS X are you running on your Mac?
-If Mavericks or Yosemite, can you sign in and use your Apple ID in the Messages app?
-Have you tried visiting an Apple Store versus getting support over the phone? You mentioned an Apple shop previously - was it an actually Apple Store?

C

Reaction score
The iPad mini 3 has an iOS 8.
My laptop is running on 10.7.5
I have spoken to Apple Support twice by phone and have taken the iPad mini 3 to a Stormfront shop.

The Apple Support staff had no idea what the problem was but checked my Apple ID and password and confirmed that they were correct!

I can’t use iMessage at all so can’t try and log in as when I type in my ID and password, nothing happens apart from something going round and round and round…..

Many thanks for your help.

Ask a Question