Trackpad Going Crazy

cass

Reaction score
For the past couple of days I've started up my computer and everything seems fine for a few minutes. Then my trackpad starts moving without my permission, clicking on random documents and images I have on my desktop. I shut it down and waited a while and things went back to normal.

I don't know if it's a hardware problem or a determined hacker who wants in on my computer daily. It was scary because it looked like my trackpad was being controlled remotely. Please help!

Ad

Advertisements

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi, what Mac model & operating system do you have? Do you think there may have been something that might have happened that could have caused this?

Ad

Advertisements

cass

Reaction score
I have an OSX 10, version 10.6. I had jaw surgery a couple of weeks ago and my chin is still completely numb. I tend to drool without realizing it. I'm thinking maybe some dripped down and got into the trackpad.

I tried cleaning it this morning but it only made things worse. I can't use my computer at all because the mouse is going all over the place.

Ask a Question