MacBook Pro 2015 won't recognize trackpad, stuck before recovery os

Reaction score
Greetings all,

My early 2015 MacBook Pro has gone nuts. I turned it on from sleep mode last night to the log in screen but couldn't use any keys or the mouse pointer. Turned it off and on, eventually got an option to boot to recovery OS. So I did that and now when I turn the computer on, after an interim screen with the mac logo and loading bar, I get two screens alternating (see attached images please!), which I believe relate to a mac mouse and some older model of mac that I don't actually have (my MacBook has no DVD drive). Nothing else happens after this.

The only different thing I can think of from the night before was that I had a USB controller and an iPhone plugged in to my mac when it was in sleep mode, and in the morning I plugged them out without actually turning my mac on. I don't use any external mouse, just the trackpad.

I am away on business for a week so if it's hardware there's not much I can do, but does anyone know a fix for this? May be possible to get a USB mouse or something?

I'm running El Capitan OS.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8684.JPG
    IMG_8684.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_8685.JPG
    IMG_8685.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 400

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

Those startup images represent the Mac looking for a Bluetooth Apple Magic Keyboard (IMG_8684.JPG) and Apple Magic Mouse (IMG_8685.JPG). If the MBP doesn't "see" the built-in keyboard and trackpad, it will look for a Bluetooth or other wired device.

I would try the following:
Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac
How to reset NVRAM on your Mac

Let us know if that corrects the issue.

C

Ask a Question