Raised Trackpad on Left Side of Late-2016 Macbook Pro (Touch Bar)

Reaction score
I have a 10-month-old late-2016 13" Macbook Pro w/ touch bar.

I'm noticing that the left side of my trackpad is slightly more raised than the right side. It's only a very small difference (maybe 0.5 mm), and it's still below the left-side edge, but I can see and feel that it's closer to being flush with the lip that surrounds the trackpad.

Does this sound like it's actually an issue to anyone? Or, has anyone else had a similar situation? I'd really, really like to avoid having to ship it to Apple for repair. Going 3-5 business days will be torturous. Plus, my MacBook only has the sticky-keyboard issue on one of the keys, so I'm worried they might somehow use replacement parts that have more sticky keys.

Is it possible that my battery is swollen after only 10 months?

However, I only have two months left on my warranty, so if there's truly an issue, I need to fix it before then.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since it still sits below the lip of the top case itself, it is probably within Apple spec.

Can you explain the sticky-keyboard issue a bit further? Do you mean one of the keys sticks intermittently? Many times that is due to foreign material being lodged under the key affecting the mechanism. Another cause would be liquid damage, which is far more prevalent on portable Macs than desktops.

If you have an Apple Store near you, you could always make an appointment and have them check it out.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question