A1339 Magic Trackpad feet

Reaction score
One of the feet on my A1339 Magic trackpad (2011 original model) detaches itself from time to time. Without the flexible feet, which are really contact buttons for the 'click' manoeuvre, the Trackpad will be unable to make a selection.
Using jewellers tools I have re-inserted the small rubber button into its aperture and pushed the soft rubber skirt back under the backplate of the 'pad.

Device then works for a while until the friction from moving it around my desk dislodges it again.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

No, I haven't had that issue. I don't know of any way to repair it, other than what you are doing or purchasing a new one.
Device then works for a while until the friction from moving it around my desk dislodges it again.
Are you picking it up and moving it, or simply sliding it? If sliding, that could be the cause of the issue in the first place.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

No, I haven't had that issue. I don't know of any way to repair it, other than what you are doing or purchasing a new one.

Are you picking it up and moving it, or simply sliding it? If sliding, that could be the cause of the issue in the first place.

C
I have temporarily eased the problem by putting clear adhesive tape over the foot area. However, there are times when the 'click' action is not happening. If I pick up the whole pad and press the foot with a finger I get it to work again. Not a satisfactory cure because I have always had poor response from my alternative, either of my 2 Magic Mice/Mouses, with this I-Mac and if the trackpad fails I'm in trouble. Oddly, using my MacBook Pro with touch bar, either of the same 2 Mice behaves perfectly.

Ask a Question