Magic Mouse aint magic no more...

Reaction score
Started recently ~2 weeks. Mouse disconnects whether it's in use or not. Used to reconnect in a few seconds to a minute or so. Now it takes hours. New batteries - little green led blinks - no connection. What is a decent replacement? Might consider a MM2, but I have a hard time paying ~80.00 for a mouse when I can get a wireless one from Wally world for 9.95.
Is there a fix, or did I drop it one too many times?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It could be that is is simply worn out.

-Have you checked the battery terminals for corrosion?
-Do you have a USB mouse you can connect, delete the current MM Bluetooth pairing, and re-pair it?

C

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply. The battery terminals are clean, in fact, I have been using the mouse since early this AM. I have a M$ wireless USB rat hooked up also, but turned off, and it works, a little erratic, but it will do in a fix.The whole system is approaching 5 years old, so maybe it's time to bite the bullet and spring for a new one. I will try the soft/firm ware aspect and let you know later today.

Reaction score
I'm late, as usual. I went and unpaired the mouse from the Bluetooth system and refound/reinstalled it. Don't really see any difference - yet. It hasen't quit since yesterday. Time will tell...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Keep monitoring it.

Also, sis anything change in your setup right before this issue started - i.e. software update, install any new software/hardware, anything new in the room/environment?

C

Ask a Question