Magic Mouse Won't Charge.....

Reaction score
Hey All! And apologies if this question was posted earlier but I didn`t see any post "specific" to my problem with this mouse.It won`t take a charge! There is no indication when you plug it into any computer usb port that it is in fact "charging". Now I`ve only ever left it plugged in for a few hours but you would think it`d be good to go.....like your phone? Like I said there is no blinking or lit up light ....indicating its in charge mode.Now I did see other post saying they had trouble with mail and the magic mouse and I DO have mail running in the backround....but.....does anyone else have or had this issue? Do I need to go to a "corded" mouse?
I also have a Kaspersky program running in the back round if that is significant. Frustrating!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Are you connecting it to your Mac or a power adapter brick to charge the Magic Mouse?

Mail and Kaspersky shouldn't affect charging the Magic Mouse at all.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind welcome Cory!
Recently purchased this iMac from Apple.(macOS High Sierra vr.10.13.4 ) Safari vr.11.1
I'm connecting to this Mac and have tried connecting to my older iMac while its up and running for hours at a time.
I plug into a USB port.....and while computer is on and/or sliding into sleep mode I plug into the magic mouse2 with the switch in the "on"position let it go.I`ve let charge for up to 6 hours.With new Mac shut down....I`ll put the Magic Mouse 2 here in position to get online.....I`ll turn on computer and hope ,while its initializing, recognizes the mouse and all is good.....but I get the message "the mouse and the keyboard" aren't connected. Then....if I bring my battery operated apple mouse in to the area.....turn it on.....the computer recognizes it and everything is fine.Keyboard included. So .....even though it would be critical if this was the only computer I owned...I can still use the new iMac with the old apple mouse. I've tried charging that magic mouse2 numerous times.All suggestions welcome!!!
Thanks in Advance.....Francis

Reaction score
I didn't follow your whole story, but FWIW: You do know that System Preferences > mouse does show you the "Mouse battery level", don't you?

Reaction score
I didn't follow your whole story, but FWIW: You do know that System Preferences > mouse does show you the "Mouse battery level", don't you?
Apologies for neglecting the site....I`ll save the you the agony of hearing why.....but the problem was fixed with a new charging cord.Actually it wasn't`t new....but just a different one.When you buy new equipment(this iMac) you'd assume the cords that came with it were the best money can buy......but .....thats why the mouse wouldn't` charge.Thanks to those who replied to this little dilemma!Awesome site!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know!

Normally, the Apple Lightning to USB Cable is the best quality out there, and are always recommended over third-party cables. Not sure if there may be an issue with the cable you have. Sometimes cables get kinked/shorted, and any damage doesn't necessarily show on the cable jacket or connector.

At least you're back up and running. ;)

C

Ask a Question