Magic Mouse has a mind of its own

Reaction score
I cannot make my magic mouse behave. It doesn't scroll in the direction I want it to go a lot of the times. I have loaded Magic preferences but that isn't helping. The mouse seems to work only when it wants to.. ALSO, when I first got it, it scrolled too fast when going left or right, even though I would set the scroll speed to very very slow.... It seems to have a mind of its own. Does anyone else have problems with it? I really like the fact that It is suppossed to scroll in all directions. I wish my optical mouse would scroll left to right....

Does anyone have a solution? Should I use a track pad if I want to scroll left to right? thank you, any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
The important thing I find with the MM is to ensure you don't have a second finger accidentally brushing the surface, unless you are doing a 2 finger gesture...

Reaction score
Hi,

As Kaveman said your apple magic mouse has a sensitivity unheard of in any other mouse. So that literally anywhere you touch on the surface can become a ‘click’ button. The mouse can be alternately programmed depending on which hand you use to click and you can zoom in or out on your screen easily, just as you do on your iPhone. But because of its sensitivity to your finger configuration it may well be interpreting a gesture you do not know you have done.

But possibly if you feel you are doing nothing wrong, take it back to your nearest Apple store and get a GB tech to check it. Always a possibility it could be faulty.

Reaction score
thank you both.... I may try returning it. I bought a mac warranty, because its a refurbished mac. thanks!

Ask a Question