Safari trackpad actions are extremely slow . . .

Reaction score
I'm running Safari Version 6.1.6 (7537.78.2) on my MacBook Pro (late 2011) with the latest Lion running.

Over the last few months I have noticed that a couple of features have become very buggy. The main thing that is annoying me is that when using the trackpad to swipe 'back' or 'forward' on webpages there is usually a 10 second delay and sometimes the page doesn't load at all and just goes white and needs refreshing.

The bookmarks bar is also running a little slow (although I have noticed the bookmark bar is pretty flooded - maybe 100 pages if including folders - could this be contributing to this error?)

Then there is the flash player which when combined with safari seems to use most of the CPU up and make the machine extremely hot - (although from my research this sounds like quite a common problem and I'm now trying out a solution I read about creating a shortcut for enable/disable javascript for faster browsing!)

I'm currently cleaning up my system so not bothered if the solutions are time-consuming / complex, etc, although I am a novice!

Thanks in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Is the trackpad lag mainly happening in Safari? If so, then we should focus our troubleshooting there.

We can help you organize the bookmarks by creating folders and dragging the bookmarks into them.

Which version of Adobe Flash is installed?

C

Ask a Question