Download from Safari problem

Reaction score
Updated to Mohave a couple of weeks ago. I cannot download a file from any website using Safari. The file are PDF files. This wasn't a problem until a few days ago. I'm on a Mac Pro. I also have a used MacBook Air that I just got a week ago. Update to Mojave. I just tried downloading a file for the first time. Same problem. When I click download, I get this message:

Safari Can't Open Page (website address)
The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed.

Reaction score
Does this happen when you use another browser, like Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera? Also, how did you upgrade to Mojave? Did you upgrade "in place", ie, basically let Mojave overwrite what was on your machine already? And what Mac OS were you using prior to upgrading to Mojave?

Reaction score
I can download using Crome.

Upgraded in place.

One computer was using the latest High Sierra. Don't know what was on the used computer I just got.

Reaction score
Some other folks have reported issues with Safari and Mojave, similar to yours. The first update to Mojave, OS 10.14.1, is in the 5th phase of beta testing, and should be released soon. Given that things were working fine for you after the first couple of weeks or so with Mojave and Safari, that would possibly indicate something changed with the site.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure whether or not OS 10.14.1 will resolve this issue. Sure is baffling, especially since you can perform the downloads with Google Chrome.

Ask a Question