Printer will only print screenshots and scans

Reaction score
Hi and hope someone can help - I've recently upgraded to Monterey and just put in a new toner cartridge into my Canon i-sensy LBP 6030B printer. It's only printing scans and screenshots so far and won't print emails or documents. Has anyone any ideas?
Best wishes - Tony

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

That is a strange issue...not one I am familiar with. The first thing I would try is to make sure you download and install the Monterey-compatible driver: Canon i-SENSYS LBP6030B

See if that resolves it.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. I've downloaded the driver from the Canon website and still will only print from preview. My OS was recently upgraded to Monterey via a third party patch (I was assured that this was perfectly legal). Could this have something to do with it maybe?

Reaction score
That is a good possibility because, legal as it may be, it’s still a patch and can cause problems. macOS will usually install printer drivers that were present in your system before the update/upgrade, and printer manufacturers are usually good with providing Apple with their drivers to include in the macOS installer.

Try deleting the printer from System Preferences and then installing it back. Give the driver that macOS offers up first, and trust that it is the latest driver. Then test to see if it works.

Ask a Question