SOLVED Printers

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I have just upgraded to OS Monterey, and now find my Canon printer is not yet supported. In fact hunting the internet can’t actually find any supported printer even the HP Envy 6020e AiO on Apple’s site is not. My canon is working fine on iOS 15.1 and also High Sierra

So question is has anyone running Monterrey got there printer working.

Reaction score
I am printing wirelessly to a Brother HL-2270DW in Monterey. This printer has worked through all the upgrades from when I bought this laptop in 2019. Does the driver package you used for an older OS install still install?

Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for you reply and this info, I must add that the Canon has worked flawlessly on the new MacBook while it was running Big Sur, but now I’ve upgraded this laptop to Monterey the MacBook can’t find the printer as the driver is not compatible. You just get the preverbal printer off line message. So to answer the printer and scanner drivers and software are all loaded on the new Laptop.

Reaction score
Reinstalling the printer drivers doesn’t work or gives a message saying they are not compatible with the OS version? Mine just worked. Sorry I couldn’t provide any more insight.

Reaction score
Hi,

Just deleted the printer driver and now it will not install, I guess because of compatibility with the OS. I have written to Canon and awaiting a reply which there email said would be 5-7 working days. Thank yo again for replying.

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry - how old is the printer? Sometimes you can use other drivers or even depending on the printers capabilities (postscript, PCL), print over LPD to it. Most consumer grade printers don't support postscript/PCL though. What model printer?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your help, I have just received an email from Canon with two driver links, one print and one scan so will try when home at the weekend. Again thank you.

Reaction score
Hi,

Have finally got Monterey and Canon talking to each other for both remote scanning and printing. But first had to delete all canon software and drivers, then re downloaded and installed software. Once done downloaded and installed the new drivers that canon linked me to.:)

Ask a Question