SOLVED Dot Matrix Printers

Reaction score
I remember why back in the 80's when I had an Amiga 500 and a Dot Matrix Printer. I loved the fact that I could print so many pages in black and white it was insane. I remember buying the paper cases of paper that were all attached to each other. I can't help but reminisce on how cost saving it was (even though the quality was nothing compared to Laser printers). It was perfect for just printing text. Lots of text and simple graphics that required little to no extreme detail.

So, I am wondering, are people still using these old printers BUT with the newer Mac OS' that are out there. My mac is nice and old (can't upgrade the os past Snow Leopard) because I can't afford to buy a new one. At the same time, printing is also horrifically expensive. So I was pondering on if a Dot Matrix printer could be used with this good ol' mac of mine.

Therefore I call out to you, the mac community, the creative mac users, the mac GuRu's. What kind of input can you offer regarding those old archaic printers and todays wonderful macs? Materials, ink (printer ribbons), paper, quality, and so forth.

Thank you all,
Nina :D

Reaction score
I used to have a couple of DMPs back in the 80's if I remember correctly they communicate through a Centronics (Parallel) port, so you may need an adapter to physically connect the printer to the mac.

Ask a Question