IMac Graphic issue / White Screen with yellow dots

Reaction score
Hello,

First time on forums so hope you can help.

Today my IMac from 2009 froze up while i was watching a YouTube video. The screen was covered with yellow dots, which immediately got me to think that this was a graphic card problem. I tried a hard restart, but everytime i reboot it goes to a white screen with yellow dots. It does not even go into the desktop, when i use the option key at the boot start. I also cleaned the vents for dust, but it did not help. The screen is white covered in yellow dots.

I have attached some pictures of the screen, so you can see what i am dealing with. My question is; are this a common issue? Are there a easy fix, which does not require a reinstall of OSX - i have alot of files which have not been backed up by Time Machine? Are this a hardware problem, so it has to go to a tech?

Hope you can help :)

Best regards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 2,635
Reaction score
Can't see the photo, but it sounds like you need to get a quote from your nearest AppleCare Service Centre

Ask a Question