SOLVED All in one Printers (Canon 920 in this case)

Reaction score
Hello Fellow MacFans,
First, let me let you know. I am using Snow Leopard. I don't want to upgrade to Mavrick because I will loose the use of a few OLD programs that I use A LOT and are not compatible. The Mac is old and that will basically be the last upgrade I can do anyway, so I don't see a good enough reason to screw up my use of the machine. That being said....

Does anyone know where to get drivers for the OSX 10.6.8 Operating system that can give the Mac the capacity to use the FAX capability of the Canon 920 series all in one printer (fax, copier, printer, scanner)? I contacted Apple and Canon and both said they don't support it but a third party might have created a solution.

Currently I can:
Print from my mac to the Printer
Scan From the Printer to my mac
Fax from hard copy using the Printer (fax feature)
Make Copies from the printer (hard copy to hard copy print)

I can NOT:
Fax from my computer using it.

Do any of you know of a way to make this work or of a third party software that will make this work?

I know I can look into Efax and Print.com and others to fax from, but that is a limited solution and in time will cost, when the fact is, my need to fax is rare and not worth paying these services. So, there you go, my dilemma. If anyone has a solution (short of putting my monitor face down on the printer), I look forward to trying it.

Thank you so much,
Please have a wonderful day and week.
Nina

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, if both Canon and Apple stated that they don't support it, then I would bet it would be extremely unlikely that a third-party would have a solution.

That said, when you are in the print dialog, click on the PDF drop-down in the lower left and let us know if you see Fax PDF... as one of the choices. It's just a stab in the dark here, so don't get your hopes up. ;)

C

Reaction score
Yes, the Fax PDF is the only option I see when doing so. I have tried doing the fax through the software packages, as well as made a PDF of the documents in advance. Here is a sample using a Text file of what I see.

Attachments

• ScreenImage1.jpg
    ScreenImage1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 328

Ask a Question