Setting up PC printers on my Mac Book Pro?

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book Pro running OSX Lion, connected to the home network via Wi-Fi.
There are three other computers in the house, all PCs, two of them have printers connected via USB (one an HP color inkjet and the other a Canon Laser B&W printer) and all of the printers can be recognized by any of the other computers.

I can see the shared folders on the PCs on my Mac Book Pro, but I can't seem to see any of the printers, and would like to print from this laptop. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Am I missing something?

No, I haven't yet seen anyone share Printers from a PC to the Mac. Some say it meant to be possible but they never come back with a working solution. If you get it to work let us know how. I think Windows uses its own protocols for this.

Reaction score
No, I haven't yet seen anyone share Printers from a PC to the Mac. Some say it meant to be possible but they never come back with a working solution. If you get it to work let us know how. I think Windows uses its own protocols for this.

Dang :( Thanks for the info though. I guess the only way around it is to send my files via email/shared/USB stick or physically connect the printer to the Mac laptop, right?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I successfully printed from a windows XP PC to a printer connected to my mac running Mac OS X 10.4.6 after downloading and installing Bonjour for Windows on my PC.

Now you are using Lion but you didn't mention which version of Windows you have, though you probably run Win7? Anyway you would need to do your research to see if the success I achieved is possible with whatever OS's you are running.

Hope you find a happy medium.

Ask a Question