'Insufficient disc space' message when trying to download printer driver to new M1 mac mini

Reaction score
Hello. I hope someone can help.

I'm trying to set up my new M1Mac mini. I installed files from my old Mac mini using Time machine and my problem is that I can't get a connection with my printer, a Canon ip8750. So I tried downloading the drivers from Canon so as to re-install, but I get an error message telling me that the disc is full, but what ever I do - shift files to the cloud,, run Clean my Mac, empty trash - I still get the same message telling me there is insufficient disc space and to remove files or choose another disc to download to (I wouldn't know how to do the latter. When I look at the available disc space in 'System preferences' it says there is nearly 150G spare.

Please, can anyone help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • How much free space is shown as available if you click  > About This Mac > Storage?
  • Where in System Preferences are you seeing available free space? Could it be in  > System Preferences... > Apple ID > iCloud Storage? If so, that is not on your Mac, but in your iCloud Drive.
C

Ask a Question