Early 2015 rMBP Apple Samsung ssd discenter error

Reaction score
I replaced my mz-jvp5120/0A4 drive with a OWC aura pro which is working fine.. I want to use the Apple ssd as external storage but OWC envoy pro is not compatible ( it formats and mounts but after eject I get discenter error)
If someone has experience with this or a better way to interface this drive I would appreciate it.
thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

OWC has a compatibility article about it: Envoy Pro (PCIe): Apple SSD Compatibility. I also purchased an OWC Auro Pro 1 TB for my MBA. The Apple flash storage from my MBA isn't compatible with the Envoy, and I haven't found an enclosure yet that will work with it.

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

OWC has a compatibility article about it: Envoy Pro (PCIe): Apple SSD Compatibility. I also purchased an OWC Auro Pro 1 TB for my MBA. The Apple flash storage from my MBA isn't compatible with the Envoy, and I haven't found an enclosure yet that will work with it.

Hope that helps.

C
Thank you very much..Unfortunately I saw the compatibility issue posting after I purchased it..
I did order a few devices that might work I’ll let you know how that goes..
Do you think the aura gets too hot for the envoy pro enclosure? OWC says using them together will cause damage..

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi.

Yes, I almost bought the Envoy package, but I saw that before I placed my order. Not sure why the Aura Pro isn't compatible, but it may be a thermal issue.

Please do let me know if you find a solution, as I would definitely be interested.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question