Macbook Pro 13 inch Early 2011 - HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
So I factory reset my old MacBook (MacBook Pro 13 inch early 2011, dual core i5, 8gb ram, 240gb SSD (fitted earlier this year) and I got a new MacBook. Anyway, the old MacBook was working completely fine for me, I played games on steam, apps on the app store, I could do anything and everything on it (with the limitations of it only being High Sierra for the OS) and I factory reset it for her and gave it to her and she logged into her iCloud, downloaded chrome etc, but when she logs into the app store to download any app, as soon as you open it you see the quickest flicker of it popping up in the dock then instantly disappearing, after a short amount of time, you get a pop up saying the app has quit unexpectedly. We tried installing WhatsApp, messenger, word, a random bubble popping game, microsoft something or other and tried downloading and opening all of these and it got the same issue every time and i don't understand why. We managed to install WhatsApp by downloading it from the WhatsApp website itself but not everything she needs can be downloaded like that and it's very inconvenient. It shows up that the app has been purchased but I don't understand what's going on with it and we need help. I tried factory resetting it and reinstalling mac os high sierra but it didn't make a difference. We can't seem to find a solution for it anywhere online and all we want to do is be able to open apps on the app store. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,
as soon as you open it you see the quickest flicker of it popping up in the dock then instantly disappearing, after a short amount of time, you get a pop up saying the app has quit unexpectedly.

On the onset it rather sounds like this could be linked to faulty disk permission. Also If the OS runs short of CPU power and memory for the operations of an app, the app might find the system an inhibiting.

As a test try the following:
Boot in Safe Mode:- open the Apple menu, and then select "Shut Down". After the Mac shuts down, press the power button, and then press down the “Shift” key when the Mac starts, and then release the “Shift” key when the gray Apple logo and progress indicator appear. Afterwards, launch the app to see if the problem is gone.

Ask a Question