IMac showed a low disc warning. Late 2012

Reaction score
Never had any issues with this machine since new. Lately showed a low disc resources , then later never booted, only after doing COMMAND+ R once it showed the folder with question mark flashing onscreen. I accessed DISK UTILITY and had 4 options. I’ve not had back up, did check and verify the discs and both returned with NO ISSUES...seems the boot drive maybe the SSD is so low it physically can’t boot, not sure. Can anyone share a thought to get me up and booted. IMac is 27” 3.8 ghtz 16 gig ram. Has ran amazing since purchase, still did until yesterday. (April 6th 2020) knowing the drives are not damaged I need to figure a way to boot so I can delete/ remove software. I had recently installed Presonus software just prior to this that controls a 32 chan mixer/ via StudioLive/Studio One v 4.6 Daw.
Thanks, hope someone can identify some hope.

Reaction score
you could install the OS onto an external drive, boot into the external drive and then access the stuff you want to delete.
I have a few different macos versions on external drives for situations like this and for troubleshooting problems.

Ask a Question