Printer suggestions?

Reaction score
A girl at work bought a iBook just before Christmas and her existing printer (quite old, used on their PC) doesn't work on it.

It seems she wants an "all in one" printer and was wondering if the HP PSC 1510 was a good buy. I've no experience of these types of printer (I have a B&W laser and a Epson A3 photo printer)

Any opinions re this printer or any suggestions re a better one would be welcomed

Regards

Mike

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

I 'had/have' an Epson one, I'll have to check what model it was...it's currently in the 'to dump pile'...it was very good...but it broke when it got showered when a nail went through a pipe above it !

I'll get the model number tomorrow !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I am an HP fan, myself. I just switched from a PC in my office to a Mac, and my old HP 712c only had a parallel port interface, so I replaced it with HP 5440. It is nice, quiet printer that does enough of everything to suit my needs in the office as well as the occasional personal task. I have owned 5 HP printers over the years, and the only one I have despised was one I picked up via their on-line close-out store. Every other machine has performed well, for years.

Actually, my first photo printer from them died within the first 3 months, so they sent me a new one. That was 3 years ago, and the replacement is still chugging along.

CAS

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I wasn't sure if i should start a new post or if I should just add on this thread, but the topic seems relevant enough and I decided to stick with it.

I have a Powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 1.67 GHz running Tiger OS 10.4.8. I recently tried using my very old printer (epson stylus photo 700) and very old scanner (hp scanjet 3400C) on my mac but they could not be detected. I tried looking for drivers for these, but could not find them. So now I am wondering if anybody has any suggestions for printers / scanners that are good and would work well with my mac? Ideally I would like one of those 2-in-1 printer and scanner things, but if those aren't very good and/or aren't available for the mac, then I will consider getting them separately. What would you recommend?

best
iryskel

Reaction score
i am pretty sure that ny of the big three ( epson HP and canon ) have all in one units suitable for the mac best think to do is to surf to their sites and have a look around

Reaction score
I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (my daughter has an 8620). A lot depends on how much you're willing to spend, and how lucky you are. I spent $350 on the 8600, and a year later she paid only $150 for the 8620. That series is amazing -- there is nothing that it can't do. Among other things, if you're copying a letter which somehow got printed crooked on the page, you can ask it to straighten it out for you. That's just one small example. That machine is smarter than I am. I don't have room here to tell you everything -- like the fact that it was rated best in ink usage economy. There is an 8700 series now, but I don't know how much better they can make them. As usual, it all depends on what you need/want and how much you can afford. I'm always willing to pay for quality and convenience.

BTW, I am NOT an HP employee. :eek:)

Ask a Question