Which Printer ?.

Reaction score
Hi, Been looking for a Printer that uses Black Ink only without joy to use on my iMac 2017 but all I could find was a Laser Jet Printer that uses Black Ink only. My question is do any of you Guy’s own a Laser Jet Printer & if so how do you rate them compared to the Deskjet Printers that use Ink Cartridges. ( The Printer that I have been looking at is :- HP LaserJet Pro M15W Mono Laser Printer ) any info would be appreciated. John S.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have a lot of experience with current laser printers. Mine is an HP LaserJet 5MP, which is a 600 dpi monochrome printer from back in 1994. I have never had a single issue with it - not even a single paper jam. I also have an Epson Stylus PHOTO R800 inkjet printer. It has eight ink cartridges, which are a bit pricey.

Laser printers have a much lower cost per page than inkjet printers, even when printing in black & white. Yes, a toner cartridge cost more than ink cartridges, but the yield is much higher. When you move into a color laser, the cost is more than a color inkjet.

I do know that Brother and Canon monochrome laser printers get consistently good ratings, as do HP models.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question