iMac doesn't allocate IP address for my HP printer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a complete newbie to this so I'm hoping for some help. I have a HP Deskjet 3050 printer. I need to find the printers IP address to tweak some advanced settings but my Mac just aligns its location to the Mac, not a IP address. I've tried different things that I've found online but to no avail. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, but I'm now at a loss. I tried to allocate a fixed IP address but I got a warning that this may interfere with my network.
Any ideas ???
I'm running 10.12.6 Sierra
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Your iMac won't allocate an IP address for your printer. Your router is what gives out IP addresses. Normally, when following the setup steps, you will join the printer to the Wi-Fi.

I would check the setup guide that came with the printer and follow the steps there. You could also connect the printer to the iMac via a USB printer cable, and see if you can configure it that way.

Currently, the HP Support website is having issues, so I cannot download and review the manual for your printer.

C

Ask a Question