Printer stopped working

Reaction score
My printer was working quite normally yesterday but when I tried printing today it just wouldn't print. The black ink was getting a bit low so I put a new one in and the other inks are fine so it's not that. The Mac says that it's printing but its not, the printer copies fine it just isn't picking up from the Mac. The only thing I've done differently is update Word, which also won't print, could it have been that and can anyone help me fix it. The printer is an Epson SX435W

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Microsoft Word?
-Does it give you any error messages, or are there any print jobs "stuck" in the print queue?

C

Reaction score
I did an update this morning and am now on OS X El Capita version 10.11.4 After this was complete I tried the printer again and it worked, a bit slower than in the past, but at least it prints. I should obviously have updated all systems the other day and not just the Microsoft Office. Thanks for you help

Ask a Question