Printer Probs and a new MacBook

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to mac and I have a printer HP CP1215 color laserjet for which there is no driver, none from hp or gutenprint. I have the printer connected to a IP print server and I can set up a windows print queue using the same server. So I assume that since there is no driver, I simply can't use this printer ?

Is there a way to program it so if you print to PDF on the macbook that it automatically forks a shell script (bash) that would ftp the pdf to my windows box where I could write a vbscript to print it from the windows machine.....or should I buy a new farking printer ?

Thanks !!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Sorry we didn't respond until now.

Unfortunately, there isn't a printer driver that will work for you on the Mac side.

Your workflow would work. You could print to a PDF that is saved in a shared folder on the PC, then sent to the printer from there. You could use Automator to create a workflow that could monitor a folder and copy any files added to it to a folder on the PC. Then, you could write a script on the PC side that would print them. It can be a little tricky to get the Automator workflow to work consistently, especially if the shared folder isn't always mounted/connected.

C

Reaction score
I got that whole byzantine process working, using bash and vbscript only to find SOME pdfs would print and some would not. My wife cared not how intricate the process is, she cares only about the fact that sh*t doesn't print. So the HP printer went on craigslist and I bought a brother b/w laser. What a waste of TIME !
Thanks for the reply.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Not a problem. Sorry it took so long to reply. At least you got it working and now the issue is permanently solved.

Cheers

Ask a Question