My trackpad gestures stopped working...how do i fix?

Reaction score
Recently my three finger gestures on my trackpad have stopped working. Im referring to the Forward,Back,bottom of page, top of page gestures I do in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari..I havent installed any applications recently. At the same time that this started happening, lots of text labels in Firefox are now italics (url in address bar, status bar text, etc). Every text label in Firefox's preferences panes are italics as well.

I've gone into the system preferences, Trackpad and ensured that Three Finger Swipe to Navigate is enabled (as well as four finger swipes).

Regular scrolling with two fingers still work. I've tried reinstalling firefox and it doesnt solve the problem.

I have no idea whats going on here but it's driving me crazy.

Im using a MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, OSX v 10.6.2 Snow Leapord. Heres some more info:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.27f2

Please help,
-=Vin

Reaction score
Did you install any add-ons in Firefox? That could be the problem with FF. Also, you might want to quit FF and then go to your user Library > Caches > Firefox and delete those cache files. Then, before re-starting FF, open Disk Utilities and repair permissions (that might fix the trackpad issues). After that's done, see if the problems are solved.

Ask a Question