Apple Music getting could not purchase "null". An unknown error occurred (1010)

Reaction score
Hi guys I am trying to play music that I have uploaded to Apple Music and matched. But when I go to press play, I get a pop up saying "this computer is already associated with an Apple ID. If you use iTunes Match with your ID, you cannot use iTunes Match, auto-download, or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days." I press the transfer button and then I get the pop up saying "Could not purchase "null". An unknown error occurred (1010)". Does anybody have any fixes for this?

I've heard that downloading a paid song then trying the previously matched songs again would fix this issue. I tried getting a free song on iTunes and it downloaded just fine. But my matched songs still don't download. If anybody knows of some fixes that would be appreciated.

sm1.jpg
sm2.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

This is a rare but frustrating bug. There are very old threads about it on the Internet, but I am not sure which of them may work. Have you have ever signed into another Apple ID on that Mac, not just in iTunes/Music, but say the App Store or something else? If so, that may be related.

Other than waiting the 90 days, I don't know of any easy fixes unfortunately. Maybe another member will chime in if they have experience with this issue.

Sorry,

C

Ask a Question