Apple Music playlist is playing back out of order.

Reaction score
I'm very new to Apple Music(trying to learn quickly) so bear with me. I have completed my first playlist(on a Macbook Air) and synced it to my iPhone(both devices are running the latest IOS). The files used in this playlist are not music files; they are old audio recordings I made years ago that have been digitized. As such I had to play each one manually through the Music app before it was recognized...and then I put each file into the playlist.
On playback, the files are playing out of order, at random. The files appear in proper order, but aren't playing that way. Why is this, and how can I stop it?
Thanks in advance, and renewed thanks for bearing with my Apple Music ignorance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

Is shuffle turned off under control in iTunes, as per my image, prior to sync with iPhone?

Attachments

• it3.jpg
    it3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score
Hi,

Is shuffle turned off under control in iTunes, as per my image, prior to sync with iPhone?
I'm trying to find that "controls" page and can't see it under the music app(on my iphone). Where is it exactly? It's not under settings>music. The only place I see "shuffle" is when the playlist is open. It's next to the "play" button. Toggling the "shuffle" tab brings up a new file at the bottom, but I can't seem to turn it off. FYI my phone is operating under Catalina, in which iTunes is now simply "Music."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

No this option is in your iTunes options on MacBook under the control heading, double check that shuffle is off, before you sync with phone.

Reaction score
Hi,

No this option is in your iTunes options on MacBook under the control heading, double check that shuffle is off, before you sync with phone.
I will check when home but I'm pretty sure it was turned off. I'll check it again when I get home. Here's another oddity: yesterday several MP3 files in a playlist I made suddenly got greyed out with the message "not available in your country." Where could THAT come from? My intial foray into Apple Music has not been a pleasant or easy one.

Ask a Question