Is my Music app still searching Apple Music?

Reaction score
Until last week, when I search for a song in the Music app on my iMac, I would get a tab asking me whether I wanted to search on Apple Music or my library. But that option had gone away. I can view my account in the music app. And when I select System Preferences/Family Sharing I verify that Apple Music is shared. I can still play Apple Music radio station. I just started an Apple Music radio station and saw who was singing (Maisie Peters) and searched for that artist. No results were found in my library.

So I'm assuming there's a setting that got changed disabling me from searching for a song.

I went into finder, and found a song in my Apple Music folder, and told it to open that song in Apple Music. Nothing happened.

Any idea what's going on?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

As you know, I don't subscribe to the Apple Music service.

-In the Music application, you have downloaded/local music in your ~/Music/Music/Media folder, correct?
-You can list and play it there too, correct?
-Have you tried resizing the Music application window?
-You don't see them at all when you click in the Search field, correct?
Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 13.49.51.png

You could check to make sure that Spotlight is not set to ignore Music and that the ~/Music folder is not excluded in SpotlIght > Privacy.

C

Reaction score
I got a window wanting me to stop and start Genius (which I don't think I use). I ended up turning off Sync Library in order to do that, and when I turned it on again, everything was working. I then deleted my Apple Music folder. I think that serves as a buffer and am willing for it to start over.

Ask a Question