Weird problem with wireless keyboard

Reaction score
I have an iMac, around 5 years old and the keyboard has suddenly stopped working......well, stopped doing the important things.

It connects to the computer normally, and the Caps Lock key light comes on when the key is pressed, but no other key seems to do anything. Certainly typing anything doesn't result in keypresses being reflected on screen, either in an app (e.g. Pages) or when interacting with the OS.

Any suggestions of what is going on or how to fix it would be gratefully received.

Many TIA.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

First thing I would try is a USB wired keyboard, if you have access to one. If that works, then it is definitely something with the wireless keyboard. I assume you have tried fresh batteries, and deleting/re-adding in the Bluetooth preference pane?

C

Reaction score
Thanks.

It's been difficult to lay my hands on another keyboard at the moment....but finally managed it. And still nothing happening on screen when pressing the keys.

New batteries etc. all tried beforehand but I guess that's all ruled out now anyway.

So, still puzzled. Is there some setting somewhere that can do this?

Ask a Question