Weird gray screen

Reaction score
Whenever I go to a website, the graphics and pictures are normal, then there is a gray background and there are no graphics. I feel like it's something that I "picked up" visiting a shopping site or something, but I don't know how to get rid of it except to click on a little tiny icon that pops up in my tool bar or next to my tool bar whenever the gray screen shows up. It's driving me nuts! Please advise if anyone is more tech savvy than me....(which most people are, I'm sure)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which browser - Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.?

It may just be malware that can be checked and removed by using Malwarebytes for Mac.

C

Reaction score
My Mac is OS X and I use Safari. I have Malwarebytes for Mac and it hasn't removed it.....

Reaction score
Okay, I just figured out what it is.....It's called Reader View! It's really annoying to me and I can't figure out how to disable it! help!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Websites and make sure When visiting other websites: is set to Off.

That should restore normal website viewing.

C

Ask a Question