Another Safari 12 weirdness

Reaction score
Hi,

Another problem with Safari 12, this since the latest update, is that when I log into a site it logs me in without my hitting the log-in button, once I have it auto-fill my saved ID and password. I don't get a chance to check the "remember me" box that most sites have. I'd call this a bug, not a feature. I don't see a solution other than complaining to Apple. In the meantime, I have to remind myself that I should check the "remember me" box before I let auto-fill do its thing.

Anyone have any ideas why it is doing this?

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could try deleting the AutoFill entry for the website, then visit it again and make sure you check the Remember Me box before filling in the credentials. It should save your preference then. Also, it could be a cookie issue.

C

Reaction score
Worth a try, thanks! I have been clicking on the remember me boxes first. It's probably worth deleting cookies on a case by case basis too.

Ask a Question