Wireless Keyboard Weirdness

Flyers88

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my very first post. My wireless keyboard does the following: When I boot up in the Am, the keyboard works fine. Like clockwork, within 10 minutes, a few keys stop functioning. esc, return, letters O and P. After an overnight shut down, the key board works for ten minutes in the AM then back to failed keys. Wash, rinse, repeat. I have recently installed Mojave. Nothing was spilled on it. Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me InSaNe!!

A

Advertising

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

-Which model Mac?
-Which brand/model keyboard?

C

A

Advertising

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

-Is it one of the latest Apple Magic Keyboards that are rechargeable? With or without the Numeric Keypad?
-Have you tried using compressed air to blow out the keys?
-Could someone else have spilled something on it, or do you have any pets?
-What is the charge level?
-Have you tried un-paring it via the Bluetooth preference pane and re-pairing it?
-Do you have a USB wired keyboard to try in its place?

C

Flyers88

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

-Is it one of the latest Apple Magic Keyboards that are rechargeable? With or without the Numeric Keypad?
-Have you tried using compressed air to blow out the keys?
-Could someone else have spilled something on it, or do you have any pets?
-What is the charge level?
-Have you tried un-paring it via the Bluetooth preference pane and re-pairing it?
-Do you have a USB wired keyboard to try in its place?

C

Flyers88

Reaction score
rechargeable, 100% charge, no numeric key pad, yes to the compressed air, no pets currently, nothing spilled on it, I'll try re-pairing, no USB keyboard. Thanks.

A

Advertising

Ask a Question