Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.5: Pairing the Apple Wireless Keyboard or Mouse after an Archi

Reaction score
Re: Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.5: Pairing the Apple Wireless Keyboard or Mouse after an A

I'm having problems with my iMac wireless keyboard losing connection intermittently, but for hours at a time persistently. I think it may be because there are a couple of local networks broadcasting on the same channel (11) as the keyboard. (I may be wrong as I can't understand how Airport and Bluetooth are related.)
I thought I would try changing the keyboard's channel, but the Utility that's suposed to do it in Leopard (AirPort Utility.app) doesn't seem to work. When it scans for Apple wireless devices, it can't find my keyboard even when it is connected and working. 'Rescan' is all it offers me to do. The window has boxes down the left hand side, but they are empty.
The Tiger version (AirPort Admin Utility) has more functions and a toolbar.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Airport Utility 1.jpg
    Airport Utility 1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 407

Ask a Question