Macbook Pro '12 Bluetooth switches off a lot- I Hotspot wifi from my iphone

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone knows if this issue is that my bluetooth antenna is broken or can it be something else-
My wireless mouse doesn't keep being bumped off bluetooth. It's my iphone that constantly gets bumped off, and I lose my internet connection.
I have read how to change the antenna, I just want to be sure that that is indeed the problem before I go ahead and do that.
I have switched Wifi and Bluetooth on and off, debugged Bluetooth, rebooted and such already. No results.
Thank you,
Ophelia

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Pro? Mid or Late 2012, 13 or 15-inch?
-What version of OS X?
-Sounds like you are using your iPhone for Internet Sharing?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Pro? Mid or Late 2012, 13 or 15-inch?
-What version of OS X?
-Sounds like you are using your iPhone for Internet Sharing?

C
Hello Cory,

MacBook Pro (Mid 2012, 15-inch)
OSX High Sierra 10.13.3

Yes, I am...

Ophelia

Reaction score
OK...thanks.

-Which model iPhone?
-Which version of iOS?

I would use Wi-Fi vs Bluetooth for this purpose, as Bluetooth can be very sensitive and is slower than Wi-Fi.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad

C

iPhone 6 plus , Model MGAH2LL/A
also High Sierra, same as macbook

Here's the thing, I use this iphone to get wifi to my ipad and it works no problem.
I went to the mac store and they checked it and told me that it was the bluetooth on the mac, as it cannot be detected in the diagnostic they ran.
I'm wondering how do i know that :
a/ its the bluetooth cable (ifix it has information on that)
b/ it's the actual bluetooth fixture
c/ it's my graphics card (they thought this could be a possiblitiy also at the mac store- as I sometimes get like a scaling motion happening for a little bit- I noticed this happened when i used the keyboard on the macbook- I now use wired mouse and keyboard- the scaling motion on the screen has not happened again and this did help with the bluetooth interference, i think...)

Thank you for taking the time.

Ophelia

Ask a Question