Early 2013 retina macbook pro bluetooth issues (buggy, cuts in/out)

Reaction score
My early 2013 retina macbook pro has bluetooth issues. It's buggy, cuts in/out.

When I'm using my bluetooth mouse, it stops moving every 2-3 seconds. It's choppy when listening to audio, it cuts in and out.

I've tried everything software related; resetting PRAM/SMC, resetting bluetooth module, executing various terminal commands...

Any of these fixes that work, work for about 1 day or less, then the problem resumes.

Any advice? Do you think if I replace/upgrade the airport card to this one, it might fix the problem?

https://www.amazon.com/Eathtek-BCM9...00YRU10JY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I've hard many people have bluetooth quality issues with macbook pros from around this time.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi,
Every single bluetooth device I connect to the computer has issues; mouse, bluetooth speaker, bluetooth earphones etc. They are all choppy, start/stop, buggy. This is 100% to do with the computer. Not sure if it's the hardware or software, though I've tried many things with the software, as I mentioned...

Reaction score
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1
These bluetooth issues have been around since I purchased the laptop several years ago

Reaction score
Wish I could help, as I don't use Bluetooth at all. My Logitech wireless mice are connected to my Macs with the little "USB receiver", and my Logitech speakers via USB.

Maybe see if there are updated drivers for the device/devises you use.

Ask a Question