hard drive nearly full up

Reaction score
Hard drive nearly full up , yet i have hardly anything on my imac , this is the second time this has happened and last time i had to reformat and reinstall from my time machine back up , apple support not as helpful this time around and want me to take it to the shop ( imac out of warranty ) has anybody any precise details as to how to reformat the imac , any help appreciated !! Thanks
PS see attached screenshot ..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 16.42.08.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 16.42.08.png
    316 KB · Views: 295

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X - macOS Sierra?
-Do you have any pro apps installed such as Logic Pro X or Final Cut Pro?
-Is Time Machine enabled, and if so, do you have an external drive selected for the backups?
-Do you have any third-party utilities like MacKeeper/CleanMyMac installed?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory , using Sierra 10.12.2 , time machine on and all backed up , no third party apps or mac keeper /clean my mac on , just Affinity and any ones from the app store Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK. You could download and install OmniDiskSweeper to see what is taking up all of the hard drive space. DO NOT use the built-in delete function to remove any files - please let us know what they are first. We can then tell you if it is safe to delete them.

C

Reaction score
Well i took the bull by the horns and done a restore on my imac , now with 952 gb free instead of 132 gb free , the wisdom of the internet and using a time machine backup !!...problem solved
http//www.niphotos.com

Ask a Question