Evening everybody. I'm Dumb bird, live in Totnes, and have an early 2008 Macbook. Love it to bits.

Reaction score
Welcome! My wife and I will not be too far from your place in March, as we will be visiting our son in London for 20 days (have been to London 4 times before). Hopefully, the weather will be decent (we'll be going to the Canary Islands "in between", for 9 days).

The one thing we'll miss is that you folks do not go on daylight savings time until March 26th, whereas here in Seattle (up in God's country), we "spring forward" on Sunday morning, March 12th. Oh well, at least we'll have that when we get back home.

Reaction score
Welcome! My wife and I will not be too far from your place in March, as we will be visiting our son in London for 20 days (have been to London 4 times before). Hopefully, the weather will be decent (we'll be going to the Canary Islands "in between", for 9 days).

The one thing we'll miss is that you folks do not go on daylight savings time until March 26th, whereas here in Seattle (up in God's country), we "spring forward" on Sunday morning, March 12th. Oh well, at least we'll have that when we get back home.

Thanks for this Honestone - holidays are always good to look forward to. You won't notice the few days between our daylight saving and yours at home so be cheered! Weather may be tricky though, March winds etc. However you may decide to stay in the Canaries after all.. But I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip to this sunny isle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks for this Honestone - holidays are always good to look forward to. You won't notice the few days between our daylight saving and yours at home so be cheered! Weather may be tricky though, March winds etc. However you may decide to stay in the Canaries after all.. But I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip to this sunny isle!

London can be cold, and the wind just goes right through you! We arrive on March 5th, fly down to the Canary Islands on the 9th, return on the night of the 18th, then fly back to Seattle on the 24th. Airfare was certainly inexpensive (definitely the cheapest I have seen, and we got it for a steal!), although from what I understand, we timed our trip right before the 2 week holidays (I believe) begin.

Ask a Question