HP Photosmart D7160 won't print form MacBook Pro with Mojave.

Reaction score
I haven't used this printer for a number of years. Previously it ws connected to PC.

I downloaded the generic drivers from the Apple site as recommended by HP.

The laptop recognises the printer as it appears in the printer list and the statues box confirms that pages have been sent to the printer however, it does not print.

I replaced the inks as recommended by HP but still it won't print.

I can't work out whether this is a printer problem or a software/Mac one.

I aslo have an HP Laserjet 6L that doesn't work either despite adding the drivers to the laptop. In this case, the pages don't get sent to the printer

Thanks in advance for help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version did you download from HP?
-Apple's website shows version 4.0.5 for the HP Photosmart D7100 series is compatible through macOS 10.12.x Sierra. The HP LaserJet 6L will be a bit more difficult. Apple isn't updating their list any longer: Printer and scanner drivers for Mac.
-How is the HP LaserJet 6L connected?
-Did you verify the page size is correct when sending the print job?
-Does the print queue get the job and show that it is complete?
-Have you tried removing the printers completely and setting them up from scratch?

Because of the ages of the printers, it may be difficult to get them working in Mojave.

C

Reaction score
I haven't used this printer for a number of years. Previously it ws connected to PC.

I downloaded the generic drivers from the Apple site as recommended by HP.

The laptop recognises the printer as it appears in the printer list and the statues box confirms that pages have been sent to the printer however, it does not print.

I replaced the inks as recommended by HP but still it won't print.

I can't work out whether this is a printer problem or a software/Mac one.

I aslo have an HP Laserjet 6L that doesn't work either despite adding the drivers to the laptop. In this case, the pages don't get sent to the printer

Thanks in advance for help
Bandy, I suggest the answer is in Croy's last sentence, your HP is past tense and probably 32 bit, not 64 as your Mac will require.

Ask a Question