Photosmart all-in-one

Reaction score
I am running the imac intel duo processor with tiger 10.4.7. I installed a hp photosmart all-in-one c4180. When I insert my camera memory card (compact flash) and follow the promps to transfer to the computer it launches the photosmart studio, attempts to transfer and then I get the following message:
Device not found. The device photosmart c4100 series could not be found. Please make sure your network device is connected and the photo card in inserted on the device.
Connected via USB, all other features work fine, copier, scanner, printer. I can print the pictures directly from the memory card, I can print pictures from the computer. I can also open iphoto and import them from the memory card.
I spent several hours talking with hp support, problem could not be resolved, that's when I tried the 2nd model. I uninstalled the 1st one then installed the c5180 encountered same problem. (device message refers to c5100 series) It shows up in the system profiler.
Nothing has been installed on the computer except dsl.
All connections are fine, even tried a different USB port.
It's an issue of it not working the way it's suppose to, I can reach the end result, just not the way it's suppose to.
If you have any info that could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

sounds like a problem with the HP Photosmart software. If you can insert the card and then import the pics straight to iPhoto then the 'driver' should be okay.

Have you tried changing the prefs in Applications-->Image Capture-->General Preferences to iPhoto and does that 'pull' the images in okay ?

If so then it definately is a problem with the HP software.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question