Bluetooth with iMac

Reaction score
I have moved to area with poor radio reception. My digital radio will not pick up many stations.
I wanted to use my imac to pick up internet stations globally then have a gizmo that will
send to a receiver in another room. The bluetooth receivers seem fancy/expensive with
dab radio I already have. Is there a simple bluetooth speaker that will just pick up what it
receives from iMac and also plugs into mains or charges ffom computer. Don't want
much do I? Anyone help?

Reaction score
I have moved to area with poor radio reception. My digital radio will not pick up many stations.
I wanted to use my imac to pick up internet stations globally then have a gizmo that will
send to a receiver in another room. The bluetooth receivers seem fancy/expensive with
dab radio I already have. Is there a simple bluetooth speaker that will just pick up what it
receives from iMac and also plugs into mains or charges ffom computer. Don't want
much do I? Anyone help?
Logitech makes a number of very inexpensive Bluetooth receivers into which you can plug conventional wired speakers.

I have one that I use to receive audio from my MacBook Pro, and it works like a champ. I think I paid about $20 for it and wasn't expecting much. At first, it would "drop out" if I had the volume up near maximum on the MBP, but it cleared up on its own after using it for a couple of days. It was almost as though the little Logitech box had to "learn" or something.

I can carry my laptop into the living room from my man cave, and the wall separating the two rooms doesn't cause any issues. Well, except for the issue of my wife constantly asking me if it's really necessary for me to play my music so loudly! I tell her it's sinful to play Grand Funk Railroad or Led Zeppelin at lower volumes and can't be properly appreciated unless it's loud enough to ripple the water in the toilet bowl. She says the neighbors probably don't "appreciate" it. But they've never complained!

Ask a Question