Imac bluetooth problem

Reaction score
so i have had absolutely no problems with my bluetooth until now. recently whenever i set up my apple wireless keyboard and mouse they work fine until the computer goes to sleep. i cannot wake the computer with either the keyboard or the mouse (even though i allowed this in the settings) so i have to plug in a wired keyboard to wake it up. after the computer comes on the bluetooth icon on my top toolbar says "bluetooth not discoverable" or something like that. but the weird thing is after about 15 minutes or so it picks up the keyboard and mouse and works fine. i just replaced the batteries to. any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi tmax,

My first suggestion was going to be replacing the batteries, but you have already done that, so another possibility is that there is interference with the BlueTooth signal potential sources of interference include cordless phones, microwave ovens, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices (like your mobile phone).

If clearing your work area of possible interference does not solve the problem then you may need to give Apple a call to check out your Bluetooth card.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Ask a Question