Weird and annoying problem

Reaction score
Since yesterday, I've been having this strange problem. I have an 07 15' MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. What has been happening is my application don't open (Mail and Safari are the only ones that do). So, I repaired permissions, held option, command, p, and r on the startup and now I just re-installed Snow Leopard (before I did, I booted from the disc, ran Disk Utility, and erased my hard drive). Now, after all that, Mail and Safari are still the only applications that open. So what is it that is causing my apps not to open?

I re-installed the OS again, but this time not restoring my Time Machine backup and everything went well. So, I'm assuming there's something in my backup that is causing this. Could it be a system file that is causing this? Should I re-install everything again? (including software) and just copy the documents I need (ex. school reports and portfolios) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

certainly sounds like something is wrong with your time machine backup...

Best plan as you have suggested is to do a complete clean reinstall and then reload any extra Apps you've installed and then just copy your documents back on.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

certainly sounds like something is wrong with your time machine backup...

Best plan as you have suggested is to do a complete clean reinstall and then reload any extra Apps you've installed and then just copy your documents back on.

regards

Ric

Hi Ric,
I was hoping to not have to do that (doesn't matter, I have a lot of homework to keep me up for the night). Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

Ask a Question