Unwanted page in Pages

Reaction score
Hello there
I am on OS 10.12.6 and am using Pages v6.2 and attempting to produce a certificate. I started on a blank document and all went well until I tried to print the document. In page preview it shows the complete document but when printing out the bottom inch or so is missing. There are 2 pages shown in the preview and on the working document and I cannot find away to remove the blank page 2. The document has a border of 2 lines all round, initially I used rectangles from the shape selection but the bottom would not print. I then deleted the rectangles and used individual lines to make the rectangles but the same result happens when printing. I have moved the rectangle positions to front and back with no improvement.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Sapper

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like your content is outside your printer's maximum print area.

-Which brand/model is your printer?
-Have you tried adjusting any of the options in the print dialog?

C

Reaction score
Hello
You beat me to replying as I think I have found the answer.

I think you are correct regarding the printer, a Cannon MG2550S. I tried various settings to no avail and then looked up the Cannon specification which says there is a 17mm margin at the bottom, although this is mentioned only in the copying mode, I assume it applies also to the printing mode also as I have not experienced this problem with my previous printer.

A lesson for the future perhaps.

Thanks for your interest.

Sapper

Ask a Question