Unwanted double swipe when Powerpoint in full screen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Air and recently I started to use it a lot for presentations. I use Powerpoint to make the presentations, but when I have two presentations open in Powerpoint in full screen and I want to switch from (for instance) my browser to Powerpoint, it ALWAYS does a double swipe. To get to the presentation that I want to work in, I have to swipe back. It's really annoying and I can't find any good solutions anywhere. I did read that more people are experiencing this. Can somebody help me?
Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You could try some settings in  > System Preferences... > Trackpad. Maybe in More Gestures > Swipe between full-screen apps - Swipe left or right with three fingers?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You could try some settings in  > System Preferences... > Trackpad. Maybe in More Gestures > Swipe between full-screen apps - Swipe left or right with three fingers?

C
Hi C,
Thanks for your help. I looked at what you suggested, but I can only choose between swiping with three of four fingers, nothing more.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I didn't forget you...I just haven't found any helpful solutions as of yet.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I am still looking. A little more information may narrow it down:

-Mac OS X version?
-PowerPoint version?
-System Preferences > Trackpad - what are your settings?
-System Information > Mission Control - what are your settings?

C

Reaction score
Hi C,

I have OS X El Capitan, 10.11.16
Powerpoint: 14.7.6

Trackpad settings:
data detection: not turned on, secundair click is with two fingers, tap to click: not turned on
scrol direction: natural, zooming: pinching with two fingers, smart zooming: double tap with two fingers, rotation: with two fingers
sweeping in between pages: with two fingers, sweeping in between screen filling apps: with three fingers, messages: swiping from the right with two fingers, mission control: swiping up with two fingers, program expose: not turned on, launchpad: pinching with thumb and three fingers, show desktop: spread thumb and three fingers.

Mission control settings:
ordening spaces automatically to recent use: on
go to space with open windows for program: on
group windows per program: off
screens have separate spaces: on
Dashboard: off

In mission control settings, I have tried to turn different options on and off, but didn't seem to work.

Ask a Question